Try not to just play a video game! Do something where you interact with each other.
2. Give someone a compliment.Not a fake one, but take the time to see something that someone else is doing well.
3. Sing in your car.And sing as loud as you can. Have you ever noticed how hard it is to frown while you are singing?
4. Read Philippians 4:6-9And while you are at it, think about where Paul was while he was writing it!
5. Bake your favorite kind of cookies.Then eat some!
6. Count your blessings.I mean it. Start a list of all the things you are thankful for. Write until you can’t write anymore. Put it in your bathroom or stick it on the fridge where you can see it daily!
7. Watch people.Go find a crowded public area, sit down and watch. Allow yourself to wonder what he ate for breakfast, or what her name is, or where he bought that shirt. Silly, but it will get your mind off of yourself.
8. Do something for someone you love.Take your friend out for ice cream, take your mom to Starbucks for a coffee, call your grandparents...
9. Pray.What could be more encouraging that talking to the Creator of the universe?
10. Think of the most encouraging person you know and call them.But don’t complain. Refrain from telling them how bad your day is. Instead, focus on making their day better.
11. Write a letter.A good old-fashioned paper and pen. Write it to someone who has impacted your life, thank them and let them know how much you appreciate them.
12. Remember the truth.That God causes all things to work together for GOOD for those who love Him. (Romans 8:28)
adapted from Bob at Christian Personal Finance